Coyote Ridge Corrections Center (CRCC)
The Department of Corrections Health Services Division is seeking a highly motivated and attentive individual to take on the crucial and fascinating role of Dentist for Coyote Ridge Corrections Center located in Connell, WA. Merely 45 minutes from a burgeoning metropolitan area known as the Tri-Cities. Tri-Cities boast everything from outdoor recreation to over 200 wineries, and more than 300 days of sunshine a year. This position is Monday - Friday.
Application assessment will be ongoing and the hiring authority reserves the right to offer the position at any time during the recruitment process. It is to the applicant's advantage to apply as early as possible.
The Dentist provides medically necessary dental services to patients that are housed in a Department of Corrections facility. Under the direct supervision of the Health Care Manager I, the Dentist supports the mission of DOC through personal delivery of dental care to adult patients as assigned in accordance with acceptable professional standards, federal and state regulations and institution and Department of Corrections policies/procedures. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Reviews the patient's medical condition and consults with other providers.
- Makes oral examination of patients to determine oral health; records number of teeth, their condition, position, and relationship to each other; notes type, size, and location of fillings; checks condition of gums; evaluates bone support for teeth.
- Diagnoses dental conditions and plans for their treatment. Diagnoses and treats pathological conditions; prescribes medication for treatment of diseases of dental nature; renders periodontal treatments; administers local anesthetic; takes digital dental radiographs.
- Administer routine dental care and the treatment of urgent care dental problems that involve pain, trauma, and/or infection. Performs oral surgery, including surgical extractions, within the limits of the facility and personal expertise, endodontics, periodontics, restorative, and operative dentistry.
- Determines extent of patient's cooperation and amount of dental service that can be provided in accordance with the Offender Health Plan.
- Extracts teeth; removes cavities from teeth; prepares teeth for fillings and inserts filling material such as amalgam and resin.
- Refers patients for specialist care as necessary.
- Prepares reports concerning dental work and dental health of patients.
- Actively participates in the Dental Care Review Committee (CRC).
- Participates in Department training, Continuing Education, and Coordinated Quality Improvement Process (CQIP)
Doctor's degree DDS or DMD from an accredited school of dentistry,
A valid unencumbered Washington State license to practice dentistry,
Possession of unrestricted DEA registration to prescribe controlled substances.
Two years clinical experience in the practice of dentistry.
Experience and/or education in working with medical/dental documents, maintaining or processing health/dental records and using dental terminology,
Knowledge in the areas of scheduling routine/special dental procedures and patient visits.
Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications and related technologies.
- Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates.
Phone number AND email address are required for all professional references.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Employees may work directly with or in close proximity to incarcerated individuals in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) is an aerosol pepper spray made